Friday 15 April 2016

Evaluation Question Three - Trailer

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Throughout my editing process I had my target audience give me feedback on things such as transitions and sounds. This helped me learn how important feedback is in the media industry as it helps improve the overall product by incorporating elements suggested by the target audience that they would like.

In order to gain more audience feedback, I passed out 20 questionnaires regarding my trailer. I created a presentation to show the answers I was given in my closed questions and answers I was given in my open questions. From my questionnaires and the video target audience feedback, I learned that my audience did react in the way I thought they would. They believed it looked like an actual thriller trailer due to the suspenseful music and the way it was edited. I found that my target audience was an easily identifiable group. From the trailer, they found that the eerie music definitely made it feel like it was from the thriller genre. During the creation process, I found that some changes needed to be made. For example, I added in more sound effects such as the park swing squeaking and the door slamming to create tension as my audience wanted this. I also made the blackouts less sharp and had them fade in as it fit better with the rest of the shorts. I found the majority of the sounds on YouTube and iMovie itself. In my opinion, and in my target audiences opinion, the sounds made the overall trailer sound better and the blackouts fading in was a lot smoother and improved the quality of the editing.








No comments:

Post a Comment