Friday 6 November 2015

Poster Progress One

As I don't have the images for my poster yet, I began with the writing. This writing includes the main actresses at the top and the bottom credits. As for now, the background will stay back, mainly just so that the writing is visible. I used the 'SOLO' film poster layout as a basis for my own film poster. This is why my actresses names are situated where they are. I used the text tool and selected 'Niagara Solid'.
 
 
I then made my credits. I used various different posters credits to find out what I needed to include, for example, producer, director, writer etc. Once again I used the text tool on the 'Niagara Solid' font to create this. I then used the grid to centre it on the page. Underneath I included the logos for my production/distribution companies. I also had to use the magic eraser tool to erase the backgrounds from these logos. I also used the text tool in a different font to add the release 'coming soon'. I then incorporated the logo for the IMAX and 3D. I then groups these all together and used the grid once again to centre them. I also included the website here as this is a common convention of a movie poster.
 
 
I then added the title of my film. I used a font that I liked from 1001fonts and altered the size using ctrl + T + shift. This is not yet my decided font, I will not choose my final font for the title until my images in in so that I know how the overall product will look.
 
 
This is my poster so far.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment