Tuesday 3 November 2015

Magazine Cover Progress Two

Out of the photos of my main character, I chose this one for my main cover. I chose this photo because her hair was not fully covering her face and it was my favourite facial expression.
 
 
 
 
I opened my photo in Photoshop and began the process of making it look more like a sketched drawing. I separated the photo from the background to create a new layer. I also duplicated the layer.
 
 
 
I then used the colour dodge tool.
 
 
Using control + I, I inverted the photo. This made the page go completely white and the image wasn't visible. I then went on filter, then blur, then Gaussian Blur. I then took the saturation all the way down to zero. This made the image look like pencil drawing, like shown below.
 
 
I then carried out the same process again on the image of the ragdoll, rather than having feathers in the background like on the Little White Lies Magazine cover.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment